Transmission fluid/filter change - gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Logged into the GM site, entered the VIN got all kinds of info there. Thanks for the tip on that. Regular dino Dexron VI fluid for mine. Didn't see a fuel filter listed on that site either, none to be found seems like but I'm not worried about that for a good while. Kind of odd that my Tahoe is listed as a flex fuel, nothing on the vehicle indicates that, and I'm not going to test it. See those metal exhaust seals are $20+ on Amazon, about $7 at Advance Auto and in stock.

Wife found out I was ordering stuff from Amazon, there went some serious cash.
There is no external fuel filter. The filter is in the tank with the pump assembly.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is really no negative that can result from doing a proper pan drop with pan and magnet cleaning plus replacement of the transmission pickup filter. Way safer to do it this way and use the appropriate General Motors fluid than having a power purge performed at the quick lube joint. No thanks! Clean fluid means happy equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019