In the rain, THIS happens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I've lowered my truck...Its faster now... (I know..it sounds stupid, but its not)

When I had my torsions cranked to lift the front end high, there was horrible torque steer, the truck jumped and jolted, and it was extremely slow...since I've put the 3/5 kit on, its a lot faster...also, cuz its raining, I was turning onto a main road on post and hit the gas...the whole truck was sliding sideways from side to side like a Mustang (yet, its AWD)..when I stopped at a red light and it turned green, I hit the gas...AGAIN, the whole back end was sliding side to side as I fishtailed from the light...and I mean, BAD!!!

Its never done this at stock height...I know it doesnt make you quicker..but maybe because its a different suspension setup, its not jumping up front so much and taking away power...maybe the whole truck is squatting and putting all the power to the ground instead of swaying from front to back? iono if that makes sense...but thats all I can think of...:shrug:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
my truck does that too in 2wd at stock hight. I think it might have been a coincidence (sp) but you never know. All I know is thats not normal for an AWD. in the silverado I can floor it off the line, it will spin till 2nd, in 2nd it will go sideways until I let off the gas. in auto 4x4, it will spin for a second and then surge on.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, RWD is easy to spin...dry or wet...but this AWD truck has never done that before...it BARELY slides in gravel...and from a stop, it WONT peel out like that..it'll just GO..

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
I have driven AWD vehicles before. Never a denali, but I know I could never for the life of me get one sideways. there was just to much traction. Any error codes on the screen.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
you likely are slipping the front end becasue it's cranked too high and the front driveshafts are pulling out...NOT recommended you keep flooring it and driving it crazy til it's properly aligned or you will be rebuilding your front end!

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not cranked high anymore...its almost tucking the fenders after the new spindles were installed....The bolt isnt even lifting the key now..its just screwed in there so I dont lose it...

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
its not cranked high anymore...its almost tucking the fenders after the new spindles were installed....The bolt isnt even lifting the key now..its just screwed in there so I dont lose it...

same affect...if it's cranked too high or decranked too low...get it aligned tomorrow and i'd suggest not driving it til it's aligned except to the alignment shop.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I'll get it aligned after I install the new keys...but still, I know thats not the issue...

I've driven it in the rain uncranked all the way last week when it stormed...its never done that..

I'll install the keys 2moro hopefully then... hopefully it storms again so I can see whats up!

so far, I LIKE it doing that hahah

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
its pretty fun isnt it. hahaha. But dude its seriously not normal. I agree with oklam, It sounds like the front shaft is pulling out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz