ima n00b. help required for HID order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ibestunnin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys, im new on the forum. so ill start with telling you what i want and then if you could tell me what i need. i have an 07 tahoe ltz and i want a solid wall of light. HID's to the max but not bright enough to be illegal. so im thinking either 10 or 12k from the pics that i look at. maybe a hint of purple but more bluish. i think it will look really good with the bermuda blue. so opinions and comments would be great to make them as good as possible.. also everything i will need for quality performance. thanks.

demonal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not gonna get much light from the 12k... Go with the 10k if you want the bluish purplish look.. I have 6ks and they were bright as hell, it was like a ticket just waiting for me... I HAD to order some new projectors. All you need is the harness and the bulb...

Reaction score
If you want 12k's get 55 watt because the color will wash out a bit because it gets so hott and they will end up lookin more like 10k's which in my opinon is the best color and the 55 watt balasts are SUPER BRIGHT

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

Order from them they are having a great sale right now they are $5 more than they were 3 weeks ago but still a slammin deal but be prepared to wait for a back order

OP
OP
ibestunnin

ibestunnin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice. so like 10k with 35w ballasts. Is that it? and relays or harnesses or housing i should get? and ive been looking around and it seems only a handful of guys have the 10k? fill me in.

Reaction score
I spent the extra $10 on 55 watt. I would recomend that. These kits shouldnt need a relay or harness just plug and play. Could be wrong on the relay though becaese you have a new body style.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend the relay. My ballasts wouldn't even fire up until the relay was installed. You will definitely need the relay if you do 55w.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, I have 55w 8K and they look less blue than 6k 35w.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts