The truth about Led Hid lights and bad kits.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
https://vanquishauto.com/led-comparison

LED COMPARISON VS LED KNOCKOFF VS HID VS HALOGEN

LED headlights are what's in, no doubt about this. Many auto manufacturers have LED headlights as optional or even standard equipment. There are many options for LED headlight conversion kits for those of us with halogen headlights that wish to improve or upgrade the headlights. Led headlight manufacturers like ourselves have not stopped updating the led headlights. Not all LED kits are the same, and unfortunately, many unsuspected buyers are falling for the cheap knockoff versions because of the low prices and how bright they "look." In fact, they are so "bright" that they will blind you when looking at them after installation.

We had to line them up side by side on the same headlamp ( we used a 2016 Ford F-350 super duty). Measured every 20ft distance on a straight line up to 180 ft. We used our certified, calibrated lumen meter tester for real results based on fact and not on "what looks brighter" on low beams only as these led headlights aim the light up high when on high beam mode.

Name Lumens @ 20ft 40ft 60ft 80ft 100ft 120ft 140ft 160ft 180ft

Our LED Kit 640 143 70 29 16 11 7 3 1

The eBay special 116 33 10 3 - - - - -

Halogen 388 101 24 7 3 1 - - -

Our HID Kit 35W 1595 423 170 98 53 33 21 13 7

Results

HIDs are way brighter, that is easy to spot. But, by popular demand, we will stick to the LED vs. Halogen comparison. You can also quickly tell that the led headlight knockoffs are not as bright as they "look." They just look brilliant thanks to their high beam cutoff pattern on Low beam mode. Our winner here is the Vanquish Auto True LED Conversion Kit, and they are available in all bulb types. The led conversion kit is our top pick if you want the brightest headlights and don't want the hassle of dealing with HIDs.

Key elements

Halogens have the best low beam cutoff followed by the Vanquish Auto LED Kit. The hids are not as good because they are merely much brighter and you can't adjust the beam pattern on them; it would be our top pick if you could adapt them better, let's just say hids are for hid projectors.

HIGH RES IMAGES

Beam Pattern Cutoff Pictures @ 36ft away from the wall

Vanquish Auto LED Kit 258 Lumens

Vanquish-led-kit.JPG

Knock-Off LED Kit 44 Lumens

led-knockoff-cutoff.JPG

Halogen 238 Lumens

halogen-cutoff.JPG

HID Lumens 565

HID-cutoff.JPG

Light Beam Pattern Pictures up to 180ft

VANQUISH AUTO LED KIT

vanquish-auto-hid-kit.JPG

eBay LED Knock-off

led-knockoff.JPG

Halogen

halogen-output.JPG

Vanquish Auto HIDs

vanquish-auto-led-kit.JPG

INFORMATION
WHY BUY FROM US
MY ACCOUNT
STAY IN TOUCH

NEWSLETTER

vanquish-footer.png

All manufacturer names, symbols, and descriptions, used in our images and text are used solely for identification purposes only. It is neither inferred nor implied that any item sold by vanquishauto.com, is a product authorized by or in any way connected with any vehicle manufacturers displayed on this page
COPYRIGHT © VANQUISH AUTO, LLC. 2017

yukonchief

Reaction score
https://vanquishauto.com/led-comparison

LED COMPARISON VS LED KNOCKOFF VS HID VS HALOGEN

LED headlights are what's in, no doubt about this. Many auto manufacturers have LED headlights as optional or even standard equipment. There are many options for LED headlight conversion kits for those of us with halogen headlights that wish to improve or upgrade the headlights. Led headlight manufacturers like ourselves have not stopped updating the led headlights. Not all LED kits are the same, and unfortunately, many unsuspected buyers are falling for the cheap knockoff versions because of the low prices and how bright they "look." In fact, they are so "bright" that they will blind you when looking at them after installation.

We had to line them up side by side on the same headlamp ( we used a 2016 Ford F-350 super duty). Measured every 20ft distance on a straight line up to 180 ft. We used our certified, calibrated lumen meter tester for real results based on fact and not on "what looks brighter" on low beams only as these led headlights aim the light up high when on high beam mode.

Name Lumens @ 20ft 40ft 60ft 80ft 100ft 120ft 140ft 160ft 180ft

Our LED Kit 640 143 70 29 16 11 7 3 1

The eBay special 116 33 10 3 - - - - -

Halogen 388 101 24 7 3 1 - - -

Our HID Kit 35W 1595 423 170 98 53 33 21 13 7

Results

HIDs are way brighter, that is easy to spot. But, by popular demand, we will stick to the LED vs. Halogen comparison. You can also quickly tell that the led headlight knockoffs are not as bright as they "look." They just look brilliant thanks to their high beam cutoff pattern on Low beam mode. Our winner here is the Vanquish Auto True LED Conversion Kit, and they are available in all bulb types. The led conversion kit is our top pick if you want the brightest headlights and don't want the hassle of dealing with HIDs.

Key elements

Halogens have the best low beam cutoff followed by the Vanquish Auto LED Kit. The hids are not as good because they are merely much brighter and you can't adjust the beam pattern on them; it would be our top pick if you could adapt them better, let's just say hids are for hid projectors.

HIGH RES IMAGES

Beam Pattern Cutoff Pictures @ 36ft away from the wall

Vanquish Auto LED Kit 258 Lumens

Vanquish-led-kit.JPG

Knock-Off LED Kit 44 Lumens

led-knockoff-cutoff.JPG

Halogen 238 Lumens

halogen-cutoff.JPG

HID Lumens 565

HID-cutoff.JPG

Light Beam Pattern Pictures up to 180ft

VANQUISH AUTO LED KIT

vanquish-auto-hid-kit.JPG

eBay LED Knock-off

led-knockoff.JPG

Halogen

halogen-output.JPG

Vanquish Auto HIDs

vanquish-auto-led-kit.JPG

INFORMATION
WHY BUY FROM US
MY ACCOUNT
STAY IN TOUCH

NEWSLETTER

vanquish-footer.png

All manufacturer names, symbols, and descriptions, used in our images and text are used solely for identification purposes only. It is neither inferred nor implied that any item sold by vanquishauto.com, is a product authorized by or in any way connected with any vehicle manufacturers displayed on this page
COPYRIGHT © VANQUISH AUTO, LLC. 2017
Great write up..... you need to post this on the other forum (Ram).

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What LED options do you have for a 2002 Tahoe?

Ryno77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great write up. So for clarity.... Your kits will provide a better output, but without people being blinded and flashing you while driving? The LEDs that I have now look great and I do not get flashed, but the night output is crappy.

johnh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I put Vanquish LEDs in my 2011 Yukon night and day difference...pun intended. Much brighter and not get flashed. They are working great in the stock housings.

Ryno77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I put Vanquish LEDs in my 2011 Yukon night and day difference...pun intended. Much brighter and not get flashed. They are working great in the stock housings.

Awesome. Thanks so much for letting me know. I will pick some up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972