I'm preparing to rebuilding my 2007 tahoe LTZ from bumper to bumper.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm planning on rebuilding my 2007 Chevy Tahoe from Bumper to Bumper I'm even going to reinstall a brand new crate engine even though the current engine runs pretty strong I'm just wanting to make sure that the truck is like brand new condition I'm looking forward to going through the whole truck and even the whole sound system I'm replacing so I'm looking probably to spend close to $10,000 for everything upholstery new leather everything anyone has any type of suggestions I'm listening thank you I appreciate it

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzkin for the Leather.

But honestly, why do a new crate motor. Do a compression check, and if all around 125-150 Your motor is good. If your oil pressure is holding up really then keep going. I have sen these engines go 300k miles.

The vehicle is worth 8-10k probably. New tires, shocks, struts, bushings. etc That vehicle will drive like new. You didn;t say how many miles on it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on rebuilding my 2007 Chevy Tahoe from Bumper to Bumper I'm even going to reinstall a brand new crate engine even though the current engine runs pretty strong I'm just wanting to make sure that the truck is like brand new condition I'm looking forward to going through the whole truck and even the whole sound system I'm replacing so I'm looking probably to spend close to $10,000 for everything upholstery new leather everything anyone has any type of suggestions I'm listening thank you I appreciate it

Cool, what kind of performance modifications do you have in mind, if any? I hear someone say "new engine" and I think of cubic inches baby! I reckon you've got a 5.3 with the 4-speed, RWD or 4x4? What gearing?

Stephen Thompson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed new Jasper engine and transmission in my 2002 Tahoe Z71. This included new AC, coolant system, starter, and exhaust. Total cost was just under $14K.
A couple of things to consider with engine replacement:
- Make sure the engine displacement is compatible with your ECM. If not, it will never run right.
- Be prepared for this little project to NOT really increase the value of your vehicle. Both for resale & insurance purposes. My main concern after this rebuild was that a minor fender bender would total the vehicle with my insurance. Eventually, I did sell it, but it took a long time to find someone who appreciated how much better shape it was in than the NADA price for 220K miles. Even then, it was pennies on the dollar. Overall, glad I did it, but I was lucky to have someone add this information to my decision making.
Good Luck.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spend your money on the suspension. I've replaced nearly everything on my Escalade and it made a MASSIVE difference. I did front and rear upper and lower control arms, new front and rear shocks (autoride), and new front and rear springs. All new GM parts and worth every penny. I also replaced the steering gear with a used low mileage unit since new isn't available any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hottyson