I'm Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Did not know you could get DFM outside of China.
Founded in 1969 and based in Wuhan, the Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFM) is one of China’s largest auto groups, with total assets of RMB 240.2 billion and employees of 176,000 people. DFM’s main business covers the full range of commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, new-energy vehicles, engines, auto parts and components, and other auto-related business, with the business scale exceeding 3.8 million units.
By the end of 2014, DFM had supplied the market with a total of 26.60 million vehicles, of which its commercial vehicles (trucks and buses) cover a full range of products including heavy/middle/light-duty, mini, and special-purpose modified vehicles, etc., its passenger vehicles cover various types of models including the sedan, SUV, MPV, mini car and so on, its high-mobility special off-road vehicles cover desert vehicles, all-wheel-drive off-road trucks and more, and its new-energy vehicles cover various types of hybrid vehicles, BEVs, natural gas vehicles and so forth.

Shorrsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but after owning 3 wonderful Denali's, DFM has run me out of the 6.2 market, chip shortage has run me out of the ease of ordering and getting delivery, and 3.0 availability has me at the Genesis dealer. I'm going to be a new GV80 owner.

I will miss owning a Denali, but GM has run me off. I have a C8, so I can "enjoy" DFM with that.
I have a Genesis Coupe and a GMC Danali 6.2 Both are fun. And both are fast.

Wwes

Reaction score
All of the GMC dealer experiences I've had, owning 2 Denalis', were light years worse than my wifes' experience owning a Lexus that cost 1/2 as much as either of my trucks. (And none of my experiences were bad - just not worth remembering fondly)

Heck, even buying a new C6 Corvette the selling dealer made it no different than buying a base Cobalt. Not their fault, just the way of the world in GM hierarchy.

If Lexus had a better V8 engine in their LX line, I'd buy it in a heartbeat for the overall brand experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts