I'm considering purchasing a 2008 Yukon Denali with 131K miles. What should I be aware of?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTrev72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking at a 2008 Yukon Denali with 131K miles. According to the carfax the following repairs have been performed:

Miles/Date Issue
44,926 Left door lock replaced @ GMC Dealership
69,839 Inside door handle replaced @ GMC Dealership
79,980 Inside door handle replaced @ GMC Dealership
94,411 Brake pads replaced, rotors re-surfaced, engine mounts replaced, rear brake pads replaced, rear window defogger repaired @ GMC Dealership
97,861 Spark plugs replaced @ Local Shop 1
5/27/16 Recall #2049151 Passenger Airbag Inflators performed
104,309 Front brake pads replaced, front brake rotors replaced, spark plug wires replaced, spark plugs replaced, sway bar links replaced @ Local shop 2
7/07/16 Automatic transmission replaced, door handle replaced, door lock actuators replaced, inside door handle replaced @ Local Shop 2
110,452 Cylinder head gaskets replaced, cylinder head replaced, Exhaust manifold gasket replaced, intake/exhaust valves replaced, spark plug wires replaced, spark plugs replaced, valve lifters replaced @ Local shop 2
11/11/16 Rear brake pads replaced @ Local shop 2
127,015 Door handle replaced, inside door handle replaced @ Local shop 2
07/03/17 Alternator replaced @ Local Shop
08/01/17 Battery cables replaced

It appears that the routine maintenance schedule was followed as well. Is the above list a good sign that the vehicle has been well maintained or is it s sign of more repairs to come? What else should I expect to replace in the near future. The vehicle is a 2WD WITH Autoride. Any advide you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trev

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s been well cared for. Check out the autoride system carefully. Check to make sure the co press or runs. If it runs constantly it means there could be a leak somewhere. The 2007-2014 autoride setup is basically the same as the previous model and it’s known for airbags blowing out and leaking air which if left unchecked will lead to the compressor burning itself out. Not hard to replace but parts aren’t the cheapest. But in my opinion it’s a good setup. Anyways, there’s also a thread stickied at the top of the 2007-2014 section of the forum titled: Thinking of buying an NNBS, look here. A whole thread based on that generation gm SUV and what to look for.
Edit: here is a link to said thread:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-a-07-14-nnbs-tahoe-suburban-look-here.61720/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timnazium