illuminated running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Concept1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just start noticing it now because of this thread haha! Did anyone of you tried to open the door while parked at night and engine is running? Did your running boards still light up?

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this got me curious. Yesterday leaving fitness center, used fob to unlock. Lights came on. A few minutes later stopped to pick up takeout. Same sequence, no lights. Go figure.

Dunder Mifflin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help. How do I permanently shut off the side step led light string that comes on, 2024 Yukon. Way too flashy and obnoxious.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care what it looks like, it is quite functional to light up the area aroudn the vehicle to aid in exiting or entering at night...I appreciate it for htis.

Yeah, I agree. But I also kind of like the look, too. I just need to add the illuminated GMC emblem to my grill to complete the in-your-face look!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. But I also kind of like the look, too. I just need to add the illuminated GMC emblem to my grill to complete the in-your-face look!
Have all that, including the puddle lights...when that Rig is parked on a pitch black country road after a good day in the woods, and you hit the FOB, the lighting is both Welcome and bada$$ looking too!

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the lights stop working on the passenger side running board. They replaced the LED light strip, not the entire step. I would image they have a plug at one end near the end caps.

tj40371

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the lights stop working on the passenger side running board. They replaced the LED light strip, not the entire step. I would image they have a plug at one end near the end caps.
Half the lights on my passenger side work, so sounds like i need that same thing done. Glad to hear it wasn't a big deal.

Do you remember if they had to order parts/keep the vehicle an extended time to do this?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half the lights on my passenger side work, so sounds like i need that same thing done. Glad to hear it wasn't a big deal.

Do you remember if they had to order parts/keep the vehicle an extended time to do this?
They ordered the parts, took about 2 months, but that was when the strike was on. I was in and out in about an hour and a half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts