Ignition or brake pedal possessed by the devil.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaleHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A month ago I got home from a drive on a hot day turned off the engine and the ac and the headlights and taillights stayed on. I could turn the AC off and I could turn the headlights off but I couldn't get the taillights to turn off. I disconnected the battery the first time. It was a few more days before it did it again and this time I started it ran the gear shifter through all the gears and back into park and it all turned off. Yesterday I was turning it off and it did it again and when I went to start the Tahoe I put my foot on the brakes and it all turned off. You could hear relays clicking and crap going on after it felt like that stuff should have been done. The engine turns off normal it is just the lights and the ac blowers that stay on. So I am sitting there for a minute after it turned off when I pushed the brake and it turned back on, I press the brake again and it turns off then I mess with the brake and they turn back on... It is a 2002 so I feel like it is a short but I am not sure if it is in the brakes or the ignition or really what to do at all... anyone seen anything like this?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The parts cannon could go nuts on this one. If you just want to take a shot and not spend too much money, sometimes you have to on very intermittent weird happenings, throw a stop light switch at it and look thru the threads here about ground problems on these rigs. Lots of them on here and a well known problem that causes lots of craziness here.