2016 YUKON POSSESSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMswin13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I’m new to this page I’m having some electrical issues to start off the transmission blew up about 5 months ago had a total rebuild works fine but about a month ago I notice the head lights while driving pulsate randomly so I tested the battery it’s good I replaced it about a year ago so I just went ahead and changed the alternator the regulator is on it to so I’m still having the same issues my buddy runs a shop he put it on his scanner said a bunch of codes in the electrical system like the fan the cools the screen on the dash. Oh yeah forgot to mention temp sensor I replaced cause the fans ran non stop and the temp gauge wouldn’t come off tge 160 so I replaced it last Saturday and today it’s doing it again so anyone have an idea?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Yes, please list all of the codes that were identified by your buddy. Otherwise, you will be just firing the parts cannon, trying to find a resolution.

OP
OP
G

GMswin13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the response unfortunately I didn’t save any of the codes or print them off I’ll have to go back and scan again but last night I was messing around with it and the disconnect for the wiring harness same place where the fuses are I unplugged the wiring harness then plugged it back in everything worked fine then drove down the road it started again so I unplugged it again plugged back in works fine. So my guess is bad connections somewhere in there. Would you guys recommend some type of contact grease ?

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with the simplest (and cheapest) thing first: check all of your grounds. A bad ground can cause all types of electrical anomalies.

OP
OP
G

GMswin13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update all it was that was causing the issue was a bad thermostat. With it being stuck the computer doesn’t know if the engine is over heating or running tool coil. I’n my case it would never get about 140 160 so the computer would send commands to the vans to run wide open causing voltage drop witch caused flickering lights… new thermostat everything back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660