I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ship, DC (firefighter) Repair division. My dad is an Air Force vet who served state side during Vietnam. My Grandfather served during WWII, Have some Uncles who served in the Army and Marine Corps during Vietnam as well. Glad to see you here. Much respect.

Right back at ya! I was ships company and had an airdale rating because I was a photographer. My last year in I was on flight skins and flew on and off the carrier. Going fast in vehicles doesn't even come close to a comparison of flying in those jets and even the helo's. If you go to the Member's Lounge Forum and open up the military thread, you will see stories there from me and several other members here, about some of the craziness we all got to see and experience.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right back at ya! I was ships company and had an airdale rating because I was a photographer. My last year in I was on flight skins and flew on and off the carrier. Going fast in vehicles doesn't even come close to a comparison of flying in those jets and even the helo's. If you go to the Member's Lounge Forum and open up the military thread, you will see stories there from me and several other members here, about some of the craziness we all got to see and experience.
Nice, I will surely take a look. I love reading war stories.You got to do quite a bit, much more than me inspecting oba's and other repair and repair locker equipment on a daily lol.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nice, I will surely take a look. I love reading war stories.You got to do quite a bit, much more than me inspecting oba's and other repair and repair locker equipment on a daily lol.

When you say, "You got to do quite a bit", it reminded me that most of what I did in the service could be repetitive and sometimes boring but other times it was either fun or mind boggling. The flying was a great add on and the places I saw were an adventure but like I have told others over the years, I just did not like some of the guys I went with and that had an effect as well. I always say that I wish I would have put at least my 20 years in but it is what it is. When you say repair equipment daily and wanting more out of it, well think of repairing camera equipment. Tiny tedious work at times. Really, look at that military thread and add your own stories. We all have them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say, "You got to do quite a bit", it reminded me that most of what I did in the service could be repetitive and sometimes boring but other times it was either fun or mind boggling. The flying was a great add on and the places I saw were an adventure but like I have told others over the years, I just did not like some of the guys I went with and that had an effect as well. I always say that I wish I would have put at least my 20 years in but it is what it is. When you say repair equipment daily and wanting more out of it, well think of repairing camera equipment. Tiny tedious work at times. Really, look at that military thread and add your own stories. We all have them.

Cool, will do. You know there's a nice Aerospace Museum not too far from where I live. The Evergreen Aviation Museum. I went there once, loved it. Has (at the time that is) an SR-71, and the Spruce Goose. Plenty of navy tech, and I think a space capsule or two. Couldn't believe how small those things were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts