I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.
My first mod will likely be custom headlights. Any suggestions on who and where to go online?

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice and welcome to the forum!

But, is it a Yukon (GMC) or a Tahoe or Suburban (Chevrolet)? LTZ is a Chevrolet trim level. Let's see some pics!

As far as suggestions, wheels and tires are subjective. Mechanically, I'd suggest replacing all the fluids so you know they're fresh, unless you have documentation telling otherwise. Use synthetic oil and stick to a 5,000-mile oil change and tire rotation interval. Check your records for any service performed such as AFM (Active Fuel Management) VLOM (or LOMA), AFM lifters, relief valve deflector in oil pan, or driver's side rocker (valve) cover. Or, if the engine was replaced with a new GM crate, it should have these updates already. Keep clean, quality oil in it and don't abuse it and it very well may have another 200K+ left in it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a snapshot of this post and go over what you mentioned.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see you are a vet, Carrier guy like me. I was on the Nimitz CVN-68.

Closest I came to a nuclear carrier was CVN-65, the Enterprise. I was on board in port one time. Spent almost 4 years on the ****** Kitty. About 2.5 years during the war and about 1.5 peacetime. Were you ships company or squadron?

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Closest I came to a nuclear carrier was CVN-65, the Enterprise. I was on board in port one time. Spent almost 4 years on the ****** Kitty. About 2.5 years during the war and about 1.5 peacetime. Were you ships company or squadron?

Ship, DC (firefighter) Repair division. My dad is an Air Force vet who served state side during Vietnam. My Grandfather served during WWII, Have some Uncles who served in the Army and Marine Corps during Vietnam as well. Glad to see you here. Much respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo