i want to make more power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblkho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i want to make more power but i am running short on money i have an intake and a muffler as far as mods. so what i wanted to know is if anyone knows of cheap mods to wake up the black beast!

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$200, 91 octane tune...but mine was done by Justin when he was actually with me doing data logging

TogaPC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93 octane tune on my 2000 Tahoe with 200,000 miles. World of difference. Then it got totaled so I'm going to take my 2003 to Justin next month for my 2nd BB Tune. Worth every penny.

Before you look at mods, make sure your engine is completely tuned up. You'd be surprised how much power you will lose over time. Make sure you replace your plugs, wires, fuel filter, clean your MAF and throttle body, do a top end clean with Seafoam, and make sure your battery is good. These LS engines are just as much computer as they are motor. A weak battery or bad cable will cause problems especially when you're engine is under load. On the other hand, a good tune will make your other mods more effective.

Anything beyond tune-up, CAI, Exhaust, and a BB Tune you are going to have to spend some money. Cams, headers, heads, superchargers and such make much more power but cost an arm and a leg. Around 350 hp is your limit without dropping some heavy dough.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong since I would love more power for cheap if it exists.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
lol that is so true I am sitting at 550HP and 564 tourqe and it cost me a pretty penny. I got mine bored out tho too. I should have just got a LQ4 and had it built. that is in the works tho. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewsTahoe