i want some boom!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes the RCA's and remote wire (tells the amp when to turn on and off with the HU) from the HU (usually connect to the power antenna wire) to the amp.

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'll see if i start this project soon, i also heard you suppose to run the amp wires thru the middle of truck, speaker wires trhu left of side cause right side is were wiring harness runs. now do i have to remove seats and carpet to run the wires througout the truck? i was also planning on installing a monitor on the roof...seperate wires? differnt kind of stereo?:emotions122:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you want to run the wires down either sides of the truck. never pulled apart a 4 door, but the panels come out of the side of a 2-door with the back seat folded down. was an easy couple hour project.

chunney

Reaction score
This picture might help some. You'll want to run your RCA cables from the headunit to the amp. RCA cables and all speaker wire goes on one side of the vehicle. Power wire and remote wire go on the other. The remote wire should be the blue wire coming from your headunit. Theres one with a stripe and one without. One is for a power antenna and the other is a remote wire but I'm pretty sure they serve the exact same purpose. Some thing aren't necessary in the picture aren't necessary such as a 2nd amp to power your speakers, capacitor etc.

amp_wiring_diagram.gif

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This picture might help some. You'll want to run your RCA cables from the headunit to the amp. RCA cables and all speaker wire goes on one side of the vehicle. Power wire and remote wire go on the other. The remote wire should be the blue wire coming from your headunit. Theres one with a stripe and one without. One is for a power antenna and the other is a remote wire but I'm pretty sure they serve the exact same purpose. Some thing aren't necessary in the picture aren't necessary such as a 2nd amp to power your speakers, capacitor etc.

amp_wiring_diagram.gif

You beat me to it. Pictures are worth a thousand words in this case.

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was able to install two twelves box and an amp, now all works great but when i go to start my truck it hesitates, i think it might be cause i need a higher output alternator?:mexsmoke:

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i guess i'll try a capacitator. how would i install another battery though?:Boo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM