i want some boom!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:) sup guys,

new member here.
i recently acquired a 97 chevy tahoe, it came with a very old pioneer flip up stereo, so i bought a new non flip up stereo and took out the old one and put this new one in. now, my question is, i want to put a box and amp in the back (cargo area) maybe a couple of twelves. how do i approach all this by doing it myself?

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
welcome and the way we can help you out is you pm of and we have a chat. I was interviewed and featured in car and model 2 years in a row for my car audio install in my hoe and the work i have done in my car clubs cars lol so pm me and i have some discounts on stuff so yeah.

Attachments

• AEN.jpg
    AEN.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 42
  • Photo-0014.jpg
    Photo-0014.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sup guys, no ihavent installed before, but i have managed to install my stereo unit in my company astro...i just gotta get down the basics to install some maybe 12' s in the back but something were i dont have to just put a box in the back, something that blends in like its part of the truck.. i will pm you guy see whats up. and budget? well, i dont have a budget but i dont plan on investing to much on this truck since its not SHOW quality:) cool site guys..

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds good, but how do i reun the speaker wires to do that, ther eis no wires coming out in the back lol

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RCA's and remote from HU, power wire direct to batt, ground by amp. New speaker wires to sub box.

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RCA's and remote from HU, power wire direct to batt, ground by amp. New speaker wires to sub box.

does the power wire connect to HU ? and does ground connect to HU as well? as you can im big time rookie:shocked:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. power wire you'll run from the battery to the back of your truck. (direct from battery to amp) and the ground you'll just bolt to the floor. (direct from amp to floor)i used the rear seat bolton mine

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no. power wire you'll run from the battery to the back of your truck. (direct from battery to amp) and the ground you'll just bolt to the floor. (direct from amp to floor)i used the rear seat bolton mine

oh ok, the rca cables from HU all the way to the back as well right?:emotions122: