I think I got a lemon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor mounts went out for a third time
You have to buy them from the dealer or you will be changing them out every 10,000 miles. Also I seen the start of your thread where shit was fallin off and breaking. Them 30 inch wheels you got, do they vibrate like a mother ****** when your choppin at higher speeds? I don’t have big wheels any more becaus of that same shit. The big rims are hard to get balanced right and shake the **** out of everything. I had it mess up lots of shit on mine. Everything gets held on with crappy plastic clips and they get brittle and snap. Another thing with some of the big wheels they are so damn heave and tall( almost 35s) if your mashin on t from a stop it’s twisting the *** out of whatever it can to get it moving. You going to run those big rims then I recommend gearing the rear ended to a 456 and If you don’t want to keep swapping motor mounts buy solid ones. Swap out the transmission mount with a good quality Polly one to. Good luck bro! Keep at it.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man when I first got truck the rear wipers didn’t have blades installed so my rear window has some scratches do you have any repair ideas?
The small red mothers polishing ball on a high speed drill with Maguires number three compound does windows up pretty good

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve only been playing 3 subs since May. I’m just now realizing this back when I first though I took out a sub but was n denial I was correct it’s way more obvious in the wall. If I’m doing this damage with 3 it’ll be sweet with the other in operation. I ordered some soft parts so hopefully they don’t take forever to come in! Crazy part is they still ohm out fine so it must be torn triple joint.

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw I took off rims not long after moving I went to cracking them left n right and couldn’t keep up with repair/replacing! But I never really drove over 50 since I was dealing with weight of heavy stereo and didn’t want to be harder on my stuff then I already was.

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They drive smooth n good long as I kept them balanced and kept good tires on them which was another story my rear tires typically lasted 6 weeks since I drove so much. Once you master driving rims and driving with heavy stereo it completely changes how you drive and handle vehicles. It makes you want to give more tlc.

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow me on Instagram loudtantahoe...I gave mayor and owner of dealership I got truck from a demo. they loved it also got 2nd at a show!

AC142B04-79A6-4A80-B32B-E3C83D66352D.png 3F222705-A2B4-421C-9BFC-A336A3FC8A2B.jpeg

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stabillitrack been going crazy ***** annoying. Wire in rear doors corroded so my buddies shop replaced after show.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Hmm Ive got 28s and never broke a motor mount yet and I can go 75mph smooth no shakes. After 75mph things get alittle bumpy though

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had rear dif oil changed..old oil had metal shavings.
Also my rear exhaust was melting my rear bumper so we had them reangled to hopefully solve the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel