i need hid help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you running a HID harness with the kit? It does sound like either a short in the wiring or you're drawing too much current.

Get a harness for $15, check all of your connections, and make sure the wires are intact. These things just don't explode, there has to be a wiring or voltage issue here.

I'd start fresh and re-do everything, using a harness.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

park in a garage, or work late/early where they would immediately fire upon key on and then hotfire after start? that'll kill em quick too.

I don't know if the 03+ models are different, but as long as I set the parking brake on my truck, it kills the circuit for the autolamps. As soon as I release it they fire up.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hooking them up to factory wiring? do you have issues at times where they will fire, then times they won't,flickering?

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
are you touching the bulbs when you handle them? stuff from your skin can kill bulbs quick

OP
OP
mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope not tuching the bulbs what does the harness have/do i taped in a 40 amp relay what is a good brand i should try

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

hooking them up to factory wiring? do you have issues at times where they will fire, then times they won't,flickering?

it is on the factory wiring but i put 40 amp relays in was good for about a month or 2 then back to issues when fireing

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
must be that damn wiring you did, my lights are old and are nicey nice.(only one flickers);)

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry mike, hope you figure it out , so people dont think your high beamin them

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I would go and buy OEM, Matsushita, Phillips, Denso. To me, it cost alittle more, but OEM is the real deal. Only thing I will ever use again after buying 2 sets of PnP HID kits and both going out. I know alot of people haven't had problems with them, but OEM was made to last or they wouldn't put them on cars.
But I would redo your wiring, and possibly look into running all new wires and run to a manual switch. Also use this=
10.jpg
Pic of installed in connector for relay-11.jpg
12.jpg
It is made to stop ANY n ALL flicker related problems. Best couple of bucks I could have ever spent to ensure safety of the HID equipment. Also, use a fuse EVERYWHERE!!! I added 2 extra fuses inbetween my ballasts and relay, and main wiring. Also, try not to have lights on when you turn the vehicle on. Just an extra percaution, shouldn't hurt to have lights on, but it's a just incase thing. Use smaller fuses!!!! If they call for 15 amp, use a 10 or 5 amp, just enough not to bust everytime, but better safe then sorry. Also, silicone the ballasts!!! Unless your using Matsushita's ballasts(which are potter)Most ballasts aren't potted, or made to be around water. Matsushita's are 95% water proof, just adding alittle silicone gives it 100% water proof. also, try to shield your relay kit from water ie/ waterproof it with something, tape or silicone. Take precautions

Now I know EAGLE will say it delays the turn on and turn off of the HID headlights, but it did not do this for my system, and from what I read on HID forums and sites, not what it's meant to do. EAGLE may know more then me regarding what this capacitor does. But from my system and what I've read, not what it did for my HID headlights, or others. It just stopped my flickering issue

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen