I need help please on abs- **SOLVED**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its fixed. What i think happened was, the 2 wires coming out of vss were showing the wire as if someone had messed with it at some point, i think moisture was getting in the plug and grounding it out. So initially i checked the continuity and it was good so i used liquid electric tape to seal it up, and i installed the new vss, which didnt work. So after View attachment 304873much head scratching and test i noticed the new vss had this plug in shape, which did not match my factory plug in. So i installed the old vss, pinched the female pins in a little and installed it with dielectric grease, and now it works.. So my initial find and fix probably worked but the plug in didnt match.. i also changed the ground wire from floor to frame below the drivers side floor, it was almost completely severed on one end, only 5 or 6 strands holding it on. Also i think the abs module probably had the bad relay as described before. Im not 100% sure which thing fixed it.. Just letting yall know, i really appreciate all the help..
Well at least it looks like it’s fixed. A ground wire issue is every bit as important as a power or signal wire issue.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least it looks like it’s fixed. A ground wire issue is every bit as important as a power or signal wire issue.
Absolutely. The ground wire has the same amount of current flowing in it as the positive wire does. You cant have power consumed in a load without the ground wire making a good connection to ground/negative terminal of battery.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Look for the VSS on tcase or trans. Losing Speedo and in limp home a bad indicator. I'm not sure what your truck has equipped wise. Some are internal. Know a transmission guy?
On the newer trans, the input speed sensor is in the trans. The output is in the tailshaft or the T-case. If you have a 4L80E, there's an output sensor in the case as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC