I need DRL fuse, relay location, or wire color, AND also for the LED bar between the headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on a project for adding my fog lights to the DRL circuit while allowing the auto headlights to continue to function.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
easy just run a wire from the positive of the drl to a relay and then to the fog lights, power it directly from the battery and you wont cause any problems with other systems, the relay will shut off the fog lights when the drl goes out, fuse the power wire from the battery for safety. that's the way I have my hid's setup. All you need is a multimeter to check which wire is positive on the drl and fog lights. the relay will have it's own ground point.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use a relay similar to this one, don't use this exact one it's not waterproof you will want a waterproof relay because if it's outside the truck anywhere it's going to be exposed to water in one form or another. my drawing is rather crude but this is the general idea, just google "hella fog lamp relay diagram" to see which prong gets which wire I don't remember off hand which ones get power and which is the ground, when you look at the diagram it will show a switch but in this case the drl positive output is going to be the switch on/off

RELAY.jpg relay1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE