I need a little help mac sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fredbear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 yukon 350 with a maf or mass problem I don't know is there a difference……. acts the same as the iroc when you shut off and turn it back on it resets……

heres my question I went o look it up to see how much the part is and i can't find it anywhere… but i can find it for the 96 yukon..

do you think there was some kind of swap in the engine area?

OP
OP
F

fredbear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry what i mean is I can't find a maf or mass sensor for a 95 yukon all there is out there are sensors for 96 yukons and up…….

I know if a maf problem cause it resets when I turn it off and on…power loss and stutter

the truck is a 95 and I do have a maf that needs replacing so why can't I find one to order

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Perhaps because you don't have one installed. Maybe you are referring to the MAP sensor. Located on a bracket on the right rear of intake manifold.

OP
OP
F

fredbear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found out that the 95 don't have maf sensor but a map sensor its not like a maf at all where it passes thru a screen but its just a little plug

OP
OP
F

fredbear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
finally changed it thanks for the help BUT it seems not to be the problem…..After i changed it the engine light still comes on every now and then,,

When its off it runs perfect very snappy throttle response….when the light is on it hesitates and sputters I even heard a back fire from the engine compartment……(maybe not though cause I have side pipes)

anyway I have also heard fuel pump could this be the problem will a fuel pump make a engine light come on?

OP
OP
F

fredbear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
taking it to the garage on monday……no tools or time

OP
OP
F

fredbear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sooo weird running great all day yesterday without fail as well as today cept once

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401