I loaded with dirt bags inside my yr 18 tahoe rst the suspension went down a lot in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Home Depot and loaded 9 huge 4 ft long dirt bags that I could hardly carry myself. As I’m loading it the rear suspension is sinking from the heavy weight. Bag of dirt reach my rear window high . All of a sudden I close the rear hatch door . I hear a buzzing sound zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I look coming from my rear left back end then the suspension is lifting up. Why is that I never read that this model had air suspension how it work if I got magnetic ride. Never read anything about air suspension in the spec of the car that’s I recall. Someone explain more about this .

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the air pump will automatically activate to make the truck level again each time you turn the key on, it's been a feature on a lot of the trucks for over a decade.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the air pump will automatically activate to make the truck level again each time you turn the key on, it's been a feature on a lot of the trucks for over a decade.
But does every Tahoe have it how does it level through The shocks or air bags

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But does every Tahoe have it how does it level through The shocks or air bags
only the trucks with rpo code Z55 (autoride control) and yes the rear shocks have a air bladder and the pump is under the rear of the truck drivers side near the gas filler tube, if you look under the left rear wheel area you should be able to see it.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How I know if autoride is added I don’t have an off rode package is it only the rear shocks or the the front one too have a a bladder, I see a thin hose connected to the rear shock is that the air for shock to rise

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How I know if autoride is added I don’t have an off rode package is it only the rear shocks or the the front one too have a a bladder, I see a thin hose connected to the rear shock is that the air for shock to rise
Yes, only the back has air, its self leveling.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remain confused on whether the auto leveling is part of the Autoride system or just always packaged together but the auto leveling has its own RPO, G69. Mine actually has "AUTORIDE" below the LT on the C pillar plaque.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time start your rig before you put that much weight in the back if you can. This way you’ll avoid such a big load dropping so far. I believe auto ride is a self adjusting system for tuning your suspension on its own whereas auto level is in the rear only to bring the back to ride height. It’s a great feature you’ll notice it more often now. Both are fully automatic

Jason101

Reaction score
When I hook up my 6,000 pound travel trailer I hear the compressor running to get it level. I had purchased an LT trim (over the Premier) specifically for the Air Leveling because the dealer said the Premier didn't have it since it has the Magnetic Ride Suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14