I learned the hard way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last night I found out on the 2016 that the low fuel indicator is pretty accurate and ran out of fuel on the highway. In my defense, I can get an additional 40-50 miles on my 2002 when the low fuel light comes on. With that being said, the battery also died and I notice some odd things. When the battery "died" my headlights turned on and stayed on, I could not shut them off at all. I left the car in the parking lot with the lights cause there was no way I knew of to shut them off. After I fueled it up and jumped it this morning, all is looking good but the outside temperature indicator on the head unit. It's showing 32 but it's 74 degrees out. Is there something that needs to be reset?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temp will probably reset itself on its own after a bit of driving. Mine reads 32 degrees after I've installed a Diablo tune or reset to stock tune but will then revert back after a bit on its own.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last night I found out on the 2016 that the low fuel indicator is pretty accurate and ran out of fuel on the highway. In my defense, I can get an additional 40-50 miles on my 2002 when the low fuel light comes on. With that being said, the battery also died and I notice some odd things. When the battery "died" my headlights turned on and stayed on, I could not shut them off at all. I left the car in the parking lot with the lights cause there was no way I knew of to shut them off. After I fueled it up and jumped it this morning, all is looking good but the outside temperature indicator on the head unit. It's showing 32 but it's 74 degrees out. Is there something that needs to be reset?

So how far did you make it with the fuel light on before it ran out? That would be good to know.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn lol sorry to hear that but I still couldn't help but laugh a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is why I always try to fill up around the 1/4 of a tank mark just to be on the safe side and ensure I don't have to get down to the low fuel indicator and chance making sure I can get to a gas station.

Tee202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man thanks for the heads up and good info I did this about 2 months ago in my wife's 15 Jeep GC. Man was she pissed lol since then I make sure both denali and the GC is no less than than 1/4. She always brings up the situation when the low fuel indication comes on.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much standard for every truck out there I think. My 2 Lexus GXs do the same. After light comes on we about 30 to 35 miles extra.
Don't worry it has happend to me several times... "On Star" baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe