I know, I know I am beating a dead horse!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of the sluggish feel these truck have is due to torque management which is what allows GM to warranty the power-train for 5/100K. When all or part of it is removed, more stress is put on the drive-train.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think 25 hp is a little bit optimistic.

Again, it's about improving the driveability of the truck. You don't need to add mad amounts of hp/tq to maximize the potential that's already there. Besides, you can tune three identical trucks, put them on the dyno, and get three completely different results. Each engine is unique, and it's overall output depends on a ton of factors...how it was built, how it was broken in, how it's been maintained, it's current mileage, etc. I'd imagine this is why black bear doesn't advertise "XX horsepower increase guarenteed!".

Without putting your truck on a dyno before and after, all we are doing is guessing.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 25 hp is a little bit optimistic.

Again, it's about improving the driveability of the truck. You don't need to add mad amounts of hp/tq to maximize the potential that's already there. Besides, you can tune three identical trucks, put them on the dyno, and get three completely different results. Each engine is unique, and it's overall output depends on a ton of factors...how it was built, how it was broken in, how it's been maintained, it's current mileage, etc. I'd imagine this is why black bear doesn't advertise "XX horsepower increase guarenteed!".

Without putting your truck on a dyno before and after, all we are doing is guessing.

I am going to try and find a local dyno this week to see where I am now. Then I have the Airaid MIT that needs to be instaled then off to NJ next weekend for my tune! Cannot wait!!

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16 HP at the tires was before and after a dyno. The second run was quite a bit hotter than the first run 3 months earlier, probably 65 deg. VS 85 deg., but I didn't have a thermometer handy. It was the same dyno and experienced operator. I did not do it again after the tube, but BB did re-tune for it and I'd guess another 5-6 HP, so maybe 25 RWHP for both, at least on a 6.2, but my guess is that's pushing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts