I just made up a Tahoe game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchurch5945

Reaction score
I just came up with a new game we all can play. It's called "When working on your Tahoe, name something that is easy to do and everything went right the first time."

The rules are simple - you have 10 seconds to name something you have done to your Tahoe that was easy to do and nothing went wrong.

I'll go first. . . . 10, 9 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1.... Nope can't thing of anything I've done to my Tahoe that turned out to be easy and nothing went wrong! But I still love it and wouldn't trade it for anything!

NEXT!

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my replacement master cylinder experience helped inspire this I want to add that most of it was my own fault and cheap ****** parts. It's really not that bad when you know what to expect and what not to do. I've done it so many times now I could do it with my eyes closed.

I will add that I've been trying to get her running better for years. I've thrown a bunch of different (cheap) parts at it that made little to no difference. One of the biggest, simplest improvements came from cleaning up all the battery cables at both ends (not at the starter unless you feel inclined), and all the grounds you can find.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my wiper blades and upgraded to the 2nd design K5L fans... These are the easiest things I did to my Tahoe and without incident, lol.

OP
OP
R

rchurch5945

Reaction score
Actually this game (which you can tell is a joke) was inspired by everything I've done on my Tahoe, the latest being changing the distributor cap, rotor, plugs and plug wires. I consider myself a pretty decent shadetree mechanic but it sure seems like no matter what I do it turns into a major project. I miss the old days of having no computers, plenty of room under the hood to work and if you got spark and gas it ran.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I just came up with a new game we all can play. It's called "When working on your Tahoe, name something that is easy to do and everything went right the first time."

The rules are simple - you have 10 seconds to name something you have done to your Tahoe that was easy to do and nothing went wrong.

I'll go first. . . . 10, 9 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1.... Nope can't thing of anything I've done to my Tahoe that turned out to be easy and nothing went wrong! But I still love it and wouldn't trade it for anything!

NEXT!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA God, this is a fun game. Um, let's see. I replaced the wiper blades no problem. Got excited when I had the wiper motor replaced under warranty as an open recall. Then kicked off a series of problems between the multi-function switch, ignition switch, cylinder.

The biggest lesson I've learned with FrankenBetty is don't touch anything! No upgrades. If it is a real interestingly engineered solution, leave it be until it blows up or catches on fire.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
So is it just my frankenstein truck that fights me on EVERYTHING that gets done to it? Wait, one thing that didn't fight, we got the windshield washer pump hooked back up and it works.