I just Bought a 2000 Yukon XL 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000YukonXLPro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please dont shoot me.... I was born a Ford guy. I own several fords and one nissan 300zx.

I finally came out of the closet a few weeks ago: I stopped on the side of the road at a glance and bought a 2000 Yukon XL. I have always liked the looks and sleek design. I was saddened to find out it was built in Mexico.... I am hoping to erase that by piling american parts and american labor into it.

It has a bad transmission so I found a good one (i had to research the info ) i am clueless about Chevrolet. Its sitting on the bench with a pile of parts ready to go in this week!

Im hoping that yall will accept me for the ford Guy I really am and help me a bit picking parts.

I want this truck to be able to drive on the road and do well in mud.

Im shopping for a BDS 6+" and 37" tires

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, even if my rule is: No cars with F. No Ford, no Fiat, no French cars... :gr_grin:
But that is a German view, Ford in Germany is complete rubbish. I don't know much about the U.S Ford's, except old Mustangs which has Charme.

I think you made a good choice. I love to work on the GMT800. Space, mostly good to reach, repairable, massiv, mostly reliable. That brought me from Mercedes and BMW to the truck.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Colorado!

Nothing wrong with a Ford if it treats you right. I know mine fits my seat (a$$) better than anything else I've ever driven, although the Hoe rivals it with its new seat cushion and bottom cover.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

We don't care where you are from or what cars/trucks you've owned in the past. We work in the present and future here, and we're here for you.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. As a current owner of a 2000 Suburban 2500 I am a fan of the platform. There are many ground wires that can cause a light show on the dash. I had to clean all mine.

Now lets see some pic :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmatson