I can’t get a break I just got this damn thing fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that, but I was not in my garage at the time. In my case, the heating hose literally tore itself apart right at the Tee. Kind of my fault, as I was 'comparing accelerating rates' with another vehicle at a light that just turned green.

Replace both Tees with OEM Tees while you are at it, and if your heating hoses have not yet been replaced, replace ALL of them.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that, but I was not in my garage at the time. In my case, the heating hose literally tore itself apart right at the Tee. Kind of my fault, as I was 'comparing accelerating rates' with another vehicle at a light that just turned green.

Replace both Tees with OEM Tees while you are at it, and if your heating hoses have not yet been replaced, replace ALL of them.
How did the comparison go? :)

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to get the oem hose's and "T"'s, those aftermarket things never last
or if those were oem then time was up, they can last up to 10 years but I replace them at 5
Those are brand new connectors. I’m just gonna hose clamp the hoses to the heater core

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The lower tee towards the engine block is metal

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are brand new connectors. I’m just gonna hose clamp the hoses to the heater core
the "t" is oem or aftermarket?, I'm going to guess aftermarket because one should be white and one should be black, as they have a different angle
I have seen the oem hose come in both ways 1. with a quick-connect and 1. with a spring clamp

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the "t" is oem or aftermarket?, I'm going to guess aftermarket because one should be white and one should be black, as they have a different angle
I have seen the oem hose come in both ways 1. with a quick-connect and 1. with a spring clamp
One is white one is black the parts except the hoses and metal part close to the thermostat is OEM replacements that’s why I’m so salty anyway here’s the get to and from work for a week setup033683EC-D291-48B6-8B82-7F15239A8D8B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans