I can’t get a break I just got this damn thing fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the photo to me it looks like the plastic got brittle and broke right where they always break (the weak spot), it looks brownish and discolored like a old one would. if that was a new one that sucks
Either way $70 laterimage.jpg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well at least you got the "cd" version which means "changed design" which means it was re designed from the original design.
I’m stuck trying to get the inner plastic off the heater coreimage.jpg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well at least you got the "cd" version which means "changed design" which means it was re designed from the original design.
The 800 409 hp is stuck it’s the wrong connector for rear ac

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m stuck trying to get the inner plastic off the heater coreView attachment 392228
This is what I am talking about, you put a metal one on there and it will probably not ever come off, to get that piece off that you are stuck on use some long pliers and break the thin plastic piece off that holds the clip in place or just tear it off piece by piece I hate those bastards they never come off like they should

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I am talking about, you put a metal one on there and it will probably not ever come off, to get that piece off that you are stuck on use some long pliers and break the thin plastic piece off that holds the clip in place or just tear it off piece by piece I hate those bastards they never come off like they should
The new connector will not seal against the heater core tube so I’m gonna hook my hoses to my rear heater and use it as a bypass

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked up all the new stuff like it’s supposed to be and coolant sprayed out of the new connector on the heater core side

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hooked up all the new stuff like it’s supposed to be and coolant sprayed out of the new connector on the heater core side
then the connector is not seated properly, I don't recall if the dormans have a o-ring inside if so then it might have gotten pinched, in either case you will have to take the connector off and correct it and try again