I been robbed :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I see the bigger picture... Sentimental values like that R worth holding on 2... After reading all the b.s. u went through, im thinking of beefing up the security on my truck... N E suggestions..?

yea the 200k mark is a *****... once I hit it ill probably have a blown 5.3 on standby...
P.S. Ur double din was sick, I was planning on duplicating ur application :)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Clifford avantgaurd 5.1 with added glass breakage sensor, battery backup and additional siren. Be forewarned the amount of wire integration can be intimidating but it is worth it if you exploit every possible way it can be tied in. I dropped my entire I/P to do that and the A/V system.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I see the bigger picture... Sentimental values like that R worth holding on 2... After reading all the b.s. u went through, im thinking of beefing up the security on my truck... N E suggestions..?

yea the 200k mark is a *****... once I hit it ill probably have a blown 5.3 on standby...
P.S. Ur double din was sick, I was planning on duplicating ur application :)

I have a Prestige with the pager remote! God I wish it had better range!
Just get a decent alarm and make sure it is loud as ****!

Wish mine was hooked up to my air horns...promise you mine will be by the time I finish my stereo!

I hate electrical work...even more alarms...I leave it up to the pros! Can't put a price on safety! That goes past alarms!

thanks...took me about 12-13 hrs from start to finish, with FB and sanding. Never worked with FB thats why it took so long. Still didn't come out perfect. Once of my projects this summer was to pull out the dash shroud, bondo and re-finish it.

Well someone beat me to it....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If I paid an installer to do security and a/v install they would have charged $1000 or more in labor. No fiberglass either although when I have some extra money I would like to try it out. I really took the vehicle apart to do it. I still have the interior ripped out finishing the window control electronics and door speaker upgrades. I personally like doing a lot of wiring.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

I also think I am going to go with bigger horns.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foreverfalcon40- well, still a really clean installed...

Hey u guys think theres a way 2 set up ur alarm like so... Lock/unlock/arm single horn... Panic siren duel horns..? Im looking for a really loud panic siren... But not arm and unlock...

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Foreverfalcon40- well, still a really clean installed...

Hey u guys think theres a way 2 set up ur alarm like so... Lock/unlock/arm single horn... Panic siren duel horns..? Im looking for a really loud panic siren... But not arm and unlock...

If the alarm has a output trigger wire that can operate in a panic only mode you can use it to run a relay allowing a second unit. but I have not seen that option available before.

TheDream

Reaction score
I have state farm and they always find some loophole to not pay for theft, its happened twice now. Last time they broke into my car when I was on a trip, opened the garage door with the garage door remote in the car and robbed my house for $30,000 worth of stuff. Their excuse was "since there is no forced sign of entry into the house we cant cover anything that was stolen".

Here's the funny part, my dad just informed my that my 96 got robbed today as well in Vegas. I could use some of your help if you guys have the time.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26154

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123