Probably been asked before, need help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rpenajr4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LTZ. I keep getting a misfire code on cylinder 2. I did a plug, wires change since it was over 100k miles. I cleaned the injectors and replaced the coil wire harness since one of the wires was chewed on but not completely broken. Since I was there I decided to change the coils, the truck ran fine but started with the misfire again. I have noticed that when the weather is cold the truck runs perfect, when it’s warm the misfire comes back and then the stabilitrack, traction control goes off and the misfire gets worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LTZ. I keep getting a misfire code on cylinder 2. I did a plug, wires change since it was over 100k miles. I cleaned the injectors and replaced the coil wire harness since one of the wires was chewed on but not completely broken. Since I was there I decided to change the coils, the truck ran fine but started with the misfire again. I have noticed that when the weather is cold the truck runs perfect, when it’s warm the misfire comes back and then the stabilitrack, traction control goes off and the misfire gets worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Lots of reasons for misfires on these. Happy to help you keep firing the parts cannon but you’ll never narrow it down without a scanner. Get any active and stored codes and come back.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scanner forsure.. but didn't we just have a thread about one running bad or good only when cold and a year later the guy found it was a coolent temp sensor that went bad, but only enough to run bad all the time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz