I appreciate any help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fu11F1av0rTAH03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm mainly here on a good friend of mines behalf. She bought a 2007 Tahoe off a local guy. She got it looked at before buying but tbh her brother's an idiot. I was unavailable or I would've checked it out thoroughly. Anyway, once ol boy got her money he disappeared. Her Tahoe is having all kinds of issues. From a misfire (working on that as we speak) to the cargo hatch not working at all....plus other issues. So when the need rises I appreciate any input or insight you folks can share with me. I'm just trying to help fix it for her bc she's a single mom. Anyway, Thanks for accepting me to the Forum. Have a good night everyone. PS. I'll try my damnedest to not ask questions already asked.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from the island of O’ahu. There are a lot of knowledgeable persons on this sight. The first thing people want to know is year, model, body style, engine size, SLE SLT?, any mods done, lifted, accident damage and you can usually wipe out most of the questions with several multi angle pictures of the Hoe. And a sense of humor or extremely thick skin helps. Good luck and enjoy your time here. Aloha!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and use the Signature to post all the vehicle info so that every post contains what we need to know.

For the first thing to address: The misfire. What CEL code is there? Cargo hatch not working, meaning.......it will not unlock with the fob? Unlock with key? Latch will not release when is unlocked?

Try to get the list set up and go to the correct section for the vehicle. You already started in the 2007 to 2014 section, so stay there and use the interior, exterior , engine and drivetrain......you get the idea.

Also, if you call some of us "DUDE", we will not speak to you again, ever. If you use the word , "LIKE" multiple times in one sentence, you get the same treatment.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Florida! I know this isn't your car but the Tech-2 and a subscription to AllDataDIY are going to be your best friends in getting this Tahoe to be trustworthy.
Welcome from Western MA (a/k/a "NOT Boston...")! --- Let's GO BRUINS!!!!!

Times 2 on the Tech 2...

And if not AllDataDIY subscription, then get a PDF or hard copy of the GM Field Service Manual (FSM) for that model year. Really helpful to have all the wiring diagrams available and all the instructions on how things come apart (or go back together).

There are tons of great YouTube how-to's, but the FSM is great to have in front of you.

Also, the FSM has diagnostic tables with step-by-step instructions to walk you through what to do and look for. The tables also have specific instructions that pertain to menu navigation and running the diagnostic and programming functions of the Tech 2.

Not any of the Tech 2-specific references in this one, but here is an example of the diagnostic tables in the FSM and shows how it walks you through one step at a time, skipping steps based on what is found...

bc9992b95aee0cb5e55a7b7d83c0608b.gif

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Yes, you will at least need something that will allow you to scan all of the modules - not just the OBD2 module. I have a tech 2 but I also have this little Innova dongle that can read all of them that I take with me on road trips. It’s designed for use with the Repair Solution 2 app on your phone, and it ships with one free platform diagnostic module (e.g. GM) included. It works really well.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm mainly here on a good friend of mines behalf. She bought a 2007 Tahoe off a local guy. She got it looked at before buying but tbh her brother's an idiot. I was unavailable or I would've checked it out thoroughly. Anyway, once ol boy got her money he disappeared. Her Tahoe is having all kinds of issues. From a misfire (working on that as we speak) to the cargo hatch not working at all....plus other issues. So when the need rises I appreciate any input or insight you folks can share with me. I'm just trying to help fix it for her bc she's a single mom. Anyway, Thanks for accepting me to the Forum. Have a good night everyone. PS. I'll try my damnedest to not ask questions already asked.

A/S/L?

Oops. I mean- trim level, 2- or 4WD, code(s) scanned, any noises, and location?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if you call some of us "DUDE", we will not speak to you again, ever. If you use the word , "LIKE" multiple times in one sentence, you get the same treatment.

Dude, that's heavy. Like, I didn't know that was, like, offensive to anyone here.

Seriously. I never knew that was a thing. I should be more careful. It's annoying, for sure.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts