New to me 96 hoe hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

partin_us_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys not a complete newb but going from ford to chevy(which was beyond a great idea!) lol things are completely different. I've had an 01 zr2 which ill be glad to show you the end carnage of that truck haha. Also my bro in law had a 98 blazer (once again more than happy to show pics) that i flipped in 7 times once front to back then barrell rolled 6 times with out my belt on. So that being said my running streak with chevy's havent been the best but its always been black and mid size never full size issues. Anyway Glad to be a part of all the tahoe fullsize forums. I got this 96 on trade for my ranger. So far love all the features (atleast the ones that work) as well as the room for my son and fiancee. The downfalls of the trade the hoe has 282000 on the body with less on engine and trans (so i'm told) Anyway doesnt matter b/c it's full size and i love it no matter what the miles. Like i said im no newb to fixing cars been doing it for over 10 yr's now (i'm 24 btw) so this aint my first rodeo. But my problems come with confusion. Like how can power locks work one day and not the next, how can i not find the most lil insignificant parts like the rod holder on the hatch tumbler? I'm slowly working her back into shape but I have loads of ?'s along the way. Also kind of a blank canvass as to what i'd like to do as far as interior goes. It needs cleaned and loved on a bit in that area. Just like my ranger since my mental disability i gutted it put in keyless entry and two way paging alarm as well as real tree camo accents. So far I've gotten an indash dvd ( nothing special a jensen that stopped working then started again after being unplugged for 4 days). I've got a haynes book which is of great help but so far not too well with my electrical gremlins. I'll be sure to post as much and as often as i can here as well as the other forums i'm on and post pics too. It'll be a great thread to keep ur eye on bc as i go through the transformation from dirty hoe to high class hoe lol. It'll be a lifted machine as well so keep checking in and i'll be sure to do the same. Thanks

Ps any and all parts or suggestions (off road worthy) will be greatly appreciated. And I have paypal so let me know what you have i'm always up to deal for parts for my dirty hoe (soon to be highclass tho haha)

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off try and keep the 'hoe in one piece! I've only mashed one truck so far (21 years ago, an 86 2wd Suburban). I did total one other car in 96, but that was really the deer's fault for jumping in front of me on a curve.

Welcome! Post pics of the patient. You can probably do that using flickr or photobucket and link them here.

OP
OP
P

partin_us_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im trying to figure out how to post pics from this app. Im currently trying to refab the hatch gate lock cylinder hardware where it attaches to the top hatch release to open the rear to put junk in. Its currently rusted badly and my other fix for most other locks didn't work and it doesn't hold the rod. Also when u close the bottom its so loose and one striker pin has black in the center of the post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would recommend getting your self an alldata subscription.. way more trouble shooting guides.... welcome btw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667