I’m sorry...the new Tahoe is nice, but this is a real Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Detroit last week and driving down Woodward ave and witnessed a full camo 2021 or 2022 suburban broke down in a Michigan left turn around. It had the GM police trucks With their flashing light blocking it On both sides while waiting for a tow truck.

I thought about Turing around to get a good set of pictures but decided to have some manners. The breakdown was Not a good sign!

1st off gotta love the fact that you think PRODUCTION vehicles will be shit.

The truck you are referring to, between eight & nine mile.. yup it happened :). A non saleable unit/mule, data acquisition equipment on board, base instrumentation...IE, speedometer and safety items, signals, lights horn, brake lights. Ran out of fuel! They are not supposed to fuel the vehicle off the grounds. There are exceptions to that. They played it safe by flatbedding it back. Chalk it up to... did you fuel it?? No..how about you?? No... crap.
Wow human error who woulda thunk it.
Rant over peace

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
1st off gotta love the fact that you think PRODUCTION vehicles will be shit.

The truck you are referring to, between eight & nine mile.. yup it happened :). A non saleable unit/mule, data acquisition equipment on board, base instrumentation...IE, speedometer and safety items, signals, lights horn, brake lights. Ran out of fuel! They are not supposed to fuel the vehicle off the grounds. There are exceptions to that. They played it safe by flatbedding it back. Chalk it up to... did you fuel it?? No..how about you?? No... crap.
Wow human error who woulda thunk it.
Rant over peace

1st never said or even insinuated anything about Production vehicles.

2nd truck was not between 8 and 9 mile roads and Woodward , it was up in Bloomfield which as I’m sure you know is quite a measurable distance from ugh...8 Mile. How many breakdowns that truck have

3rd I have driven at least a couple dozen gamma and nonsalable GM vehicles In my time at GM and nothing about the snip snip of cutting wiring, racks of data acquisition, CAN alyzers etc ever stopped us from fueling up before leaving the Tech center or Milford.

lastly because I didn’t do anything juvenile like taking a picture just what is the criticism for? IMHO it looked very bad, so what?

Can I have that opinion ...sure! Example - I helped hand build the first drivable SSR and completed it days before that years Dreamcruise. Rick Wagoneer and the head d the UAW drove the truck top down on Woodward, during the cruise, the tow truck always 2 - 3 car lengths back.

We knew if it broke down it would look REAL BAD. Everyone entitled to an opinion in particular those who are in the industry.

LOL. Peace

Last edited:

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill, how Well did you perform on those comprehension tests back in grammar school? :mf_pcwhack:

Instead of insulting me, how about answering my question. What exactly did "This breakdown is not a good sign" mean, if it wasn't a swipe at the upcoming production vehicles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019