I’m sorry...the new Tahoe is nice, but this is a real Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Girlie Box?....no ~ I'd say more of a wolf in sheep's clothing

View attachment 250793

You got that backwards. A sheep in wolf's clothing.

Still a half-ton, and that bumper just ate up 25% of your rated payload. And that six-lug front axle ain't happy about it. And don't even get me started about the 5.3 and AFM.

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
Girlie Box?....no ~ I'd say more of a wolf in sheep's clothing

View attachment 250793

well I won’t argue with you on this one but although this truck is quite bad looking it misses the point.

From a purely philosophical stand point I’m comparing the GMT 900’s “Truckness” compared to the ideal concept of “Truck” the same as the concept of “Tree” as in you know it when you see it.

The more you doll it up and modify its shape from the basic concept of “truck” or “truckness” the less it is one. Like comparing a shrub to a maple or oak tree

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
the 2021 is going to be a 1 year run when they have ****** sales unless they cancel the front end and use the silverado front end instead the tail lights need to be redone as well

the rear is garbage as well with those ugly red reflectors

I was in Detroit last week and driving down Woodward ave and witnessed a full camo 2021 or 2022 suburban broke down in a Michigan left turn around. It had the GM police trucks With their flashing light blocking it On both sides while waiting for a tow truck.

I thought about Turing around to get a good set of pictures but decided to have some manners. The breakdown was Not a good sign!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was in Detroit last week and driving down Woodward ave and witnessed a full camo 2021 or 2022 suburban broke down in a Michigan left turn around. It had the GM police trucks With their flashing light blocking it On both sides while waiting for a tow truck.

I thought about Turing around to get a good set of pictures but decided to have some manners. The breakdown was Not a good sign!

Better to have that happen now than when sales start racking up. Maybe some all new powertrain they are working on.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So a test mule breaks down (caused by who-knows-what) and you use that to paint an entire platform with a broad brush?

Not a good sign of what? That a vehicle platform isn't 100% reliable? Nothing is 100% reliable. I live in Detroit metro. I see test mules all the time and everywhere. And yes, sometimes on a flatbed. Isn't that the point of test mules?

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
I dont disagree, worked for General motors and have built and driven many mules and prototypes. I seriously doubt that vehicle was a "Mule" it looked like at least a gamma or non salable build. At that stage I would expect those kind of troubles to be detected at Milford not Woodward ;)

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
Real trucks have steal bumpers not plastic, Plastic is for girlie boxes :jester:

They all have steel as the base material! My wife had a 2003 GMT 800 Avalanche it had a steel bumper it WAS a girlie vehicle! And BTW it RUSTED too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts