I’m new here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
So, sadly(and it didn’t shock me), today I was parked at a local Dominos. Went in, came out, and I watched as a truck backed right into my passenger side! Ugh! That got me real mad real quick. Long story short, here’s her wounds :(
Funny, how shortly after I decide I want to change the taillights, something like this happens. -_-

139FB126-BCB1-41C4-AA27-98F1E0DE728C.jpeg 30E3C90D-EDE4-4667-8C95-360F5BD57A50.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So, sadly(and it didn’t shock me), today I was parked at a local Dominos. Went in, came out, and I watched as a truck backed right into my passenger side! Ugh! That got me real mad real quick. Long story short, here’s her wounds :(
Funny, how shortly after I decide I want to change the taillights, something like this happens. -_-

View attachment 235167 View attachment 235168

That sucks. Just caught the liftgate, too,huh? Catch the other driver?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Hopefully you grabbed the other driver. People just can't drive worth a damn. I see it everyday.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That really sucks! Not sure if coming out and finding it like that or watching it happen is worse. If I saw it happen, I would have had to chase the guy down. Hope you were able to get the plates.

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
Watching it happen is definitely worse than coming out to it! But the driver did stay, as I preceded to tell him he was an idiot and a few other choice words. But yes, lift gate edge, and the taillight location and below are pretty bad. Hopefully insurance will get it fixed back to nicey nice. But ugh! Onto new taillights

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching it happen is definitely worse than coming out to it! But the driver did stay, as I preceded to tell him he was an idiot and a few other choice words. But yes, lift gate edge, and the taillight location and below are pretty bad. Hopefully insurance will get it fixed back to nicey nice. But ugh! Onto new taillights

Glad the guy did the standup thing and stuck around.

I watched an elderly guy in our local grocery store parking lot back his Buick into the front of my truck one time, while my son was sitting in it and about 5 other people watching as I tried to yell at him to stop. When he rolled his window down, I said “You just backed into my truck!” His wife leaned over and replied, “It wasn’t that hard of a hit so why are you upset young man.” I about lost it right then and there. Couldn’t see any damage to my bumper and if we continued the discussion, my son may have experienced his dad get arrested for assault so I took down the license plate and names of four witnesses and left.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing you were there to see it or he might have driven off. My daughters new Cruze had the driver door smashed in and the mirror was left dangling while she was in class at the local college, and there was no note left.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good thing you were there to see it or he might have driven off. My daughters new Cruze had the driver door smashed in and the mirror was left dangling while she was in class at the local college, and there was no note left.
People suck. Hopefully he got as much damage as your daughter did--or maybe more.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Bummer about the parking lot accident that you witnessed. Glad to hear the driver stuck around. Looking forward to seeing back together and looking even nicer.

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
It definitely was not the greatest start to a morning! Debating on pulling that dent out and slapping my taillight in until I hear from his insurance but then again, I don’t want to mess with anything and have something not fixed. So, I’ve resorted to my backup Jeep. Haha.
Anyone had any experience pulling a dent out from that spot below the taillight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins