I’m at 160k ish and 4l60e be 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m starting to feel the classic transmission slip between reverse to drive and hard takeoff. I’m replacing wheel speed sensors but if that doesn’t fix it I’m looking at building my 4l60E. I’m not building for big power just a tune (California), haven’t gotten a tune yet but I’m waiting to get everything else sorted first. Where would I look for a good rebuild kit or transmission that’s already done I’m all for overkill because I never wanna touch it again minus fluid changes. This truck will be with me for a very very long time so a overbuilt transmission to take away one of the biggest weak points would be great.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Some related posts. Search will probably yield a few more, although me personally I always seem to choose the wrong search terms. A few members have build threads as well. ...good luck.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever is leading you to believe wheel speed sensors might play a part in your problem could actually be bad hub(s).
If there is too much wear and play in the hubs, the sensors could be moving too far or too close to the tone rings to give accurate speed readings.

I have no idea if the hubs or the sensors would cause your issue or if replacing them would fix it.

It was just something to think about... That a bad hub can make it look like there is a bad sensor.

I was getting sensor codes at highway speeds. Pulled the old sensor out and found almost 1/4" was ground off the end of the sensor. Replaced the sensor with new. Worked for a while... Then, the hub just fell apart a short while later.
Had to replace both hubs, which came with new sensors. Drives much better and no speed sensor codes since.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hubs... If you do them, go with GM, Timken or SKF (which has been confirmed as Timken under a different brand)
I bought the higher quality hubs from NAPA and they were stamped SKF and came with sensors already installed and ready to go.

If you wind up doing only speed sensors... Go with GM, Delphi or NGK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts