Anybody want a built 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a year building my first 4L60E. It went VERY well. I studied up various sources and had an experienced transmission builder mentor me. He builds 4L60E's for drag cars and hard use. The transmission I built is running STRONG and working exceptionally well. I've had it in it for a few months now.

Basically I built to factory spec, heavy duty clutches, where upgraded used Sonax parts, original manufacturer approved for rebuild. No half baked shift kit stuff, will shift HARD and fast. May require some tuning if you like to smooth out the shifts.

I have parts to build one 4L60E, possibly two more. Curious if anybody in the Tucson / Arizona area would be interested in a custom built 4L60E?

I also have a factory flex plate and torque converter I'm also looking to sell separately.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you live I have a bunch of 4l60 cores and a couple 4l65s.would love to build one of my 4l65s for my 2001 suburban

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Are you a snowbird down here? I can use some of the 4L65 parts along with the recipe I have to build you one. Not sure I want to figure out freight shipping yet though and would like to help along with whole process of swap.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We could maybe do some bartering..I'll get the cores to you and give me labor towards building my 4l65..I believe I have 3 4l60 cores..one is a rebuild probably lots of good guts.i was chasing a no second gear I think it was a solenoid issue or wiring.not sure what I did to the other 2.the extra 4l65 I have is a friend's.the needs 3 an 4 clutch pak.but he's actually selling the core for 200.let me no what you think

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe, I don't need a core though as I already have one. It is a working 4L60E just high mileage. I also have a second case misc parts.

Depending I may want a core in exchange so I have another to rebuild for next person.

03X2

Reaction score
Are you looking to build one?
I have a 2003 Sierra and a 2003 Tahoe- both over 200K miles. It would be nice to have a ‘spare’ . I’m wary of some of the shops here, ive been here a couple of years and haven’t heard any consistent good about any of them. cou you DM me with the specifics?
thanks

PutUpYourDux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey man. Seems like I follow or comment on lots of your posts, lol. I'm interested! I'll need/want a tranny at some point in the future. I'll send you a DM too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew