Hypertech Tuner for 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i almost bought a hypertech once until i emailed them. had a truck with an intake and exhaust setup on it and i wanted a little more. so i emailed them and they told me after 2 bolt ons thier product wouldn't gain me anything else. since then ive looked more into the tuners that could actually work with anything else i wanted to do. if you do the hypertech and decide you want a little more you just wasted 400 bucks on their product as per thier own answer. i would look more into blackbear or superchips product. blackbear is very well known and liked on this forum. they will also send you a fresh tune if you decide to make anymore modifications. superchips doesn't do that necessarily but thier tuner is capable of accepting more tunes than what is originally loaded on it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk to Black Bear and tell them what outcomes you are looking for, and they will tell you what they can do for you. As Drakon543 stated, Black Bear is well known and respected in this Forum, and their tunes do produce very noticeable results.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a DiabloSport i3 that I got a few years ago to use on my 2011 to disable the AFM/DOD. It came with a couple tunes installed, like a 87 octane mileage tune, a 93 octane performance tune, and the ability to modify parameters. It can also data log and you can get customized tunes made and upload to it via a pc usb cable and install. I use it on my 2012 now.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a hypertech I used on my 2012, I can't tell the difference with it installed or not installed other than 4 cylinder mode is disabled and the speed limiter is disabled. With the way I drive there is no change in mpg. I bought the hypertech before I even bought the truck so I wouldn't have to wait for a tune, I bought the truck drove down the street, parked and installed it then drove it 7 hours home lol. I have the autocal I have just been to lazy to purchase a bb tune and send them a log. I did put the bb tune on the Silverado and there is a big difference from stock.
the hypertech did exactly what I wanted it for and that was to disable the cylinder deactivation and speed limiter, the other difference is cost you can pick up a unmarried canned tuner for less than $150 online

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been using the edge evolution cs for the dod disabler, tire size difference and use the “transmission mode” it actually made it pretty fun to drive with firmer higher rpm shifts. It also does alot more like gas saving and 91+ mode ect. Finally getting ready to do a bb tune and this tuner will be getting sold... lol

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a DiabloSport i3 that I got a few years ago to use on my 2011 to disable the AFM/DOD. It came with a couple tunes installed, like a 87 octane mileage tune, a 93 octane performance tune, and the ability to modify parameters. It can also data log and you can get customized tunes made and upload to it via a pc usb cable and install. I use it on my 2012 now.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Gooffeyguy- Do you feel the tune helps your performance?

Reaction score
Gooffeyguy- Do you feel the tune helps your performance?
I really don't know. I only had my 2011 for a couple weeks before I got it, and mainly did it to turn off AFM/DOD. Then a month later the 2011 was totalled by a drunk driver.

I installed it on my 2012 just a few days after I got the vehicle.

I usually run E85 and the canned tunes don't effect the E85 timing tables.

The Intune i3 does allow for data logging parameters and hooking up to a PC to download the info and to upload tune files into it. So you can get customized tunes from tuners like DiabLew and install them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE