HVAC fan speed question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This much be a common issue during the summer... I lost my first 2 low speeds... :-(
Sum1 please help... Is it my resistors to..?

billowred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does this seem to be? I lost fan speed #3, I have all others. Resistor, relay or switch? The fan and resistor is two or so years old, but as we all know things fail. before I start ripping things apart I like to have a plan or a possible part to chase.

That's crazy I've been having this problem for 2 months now and it's driving me nuts!

Last edited:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Check the resistor for breaks in the wire.

My old dodge got a bug stuck on the resistor and cracked the wire. No more low speeds. Parts stores didn't have the part so I put a crimp connector on the wire and it worked again. :)

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resistor in fine. Checked the voltage at the switch and nothing. To make it better I broke the mounting tab off the HVAC assembly, then broke all the tabs that hold the switch in place so not I need a whole assembly. Sucks, but old plastic is so brittle. Barely touched it and snapped them.

So off to find the whole assembly.

Attn Sun: is this right, looks right but you seem to have some top secret book of part numbers and info.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/HeatingandACControls/Chevy/Tahoe/1AHCX00046/343000/1997

Last edited:
OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ebay, found one for $99. My link was just one of the first things I found. As always, thank you for the help.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the switch behind the knob yes. I ended up with a whole assembly off ebay for $99. The plastic on the original was so brittle is was just falling apart in my hands. Works fine now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts