Rear speed sensor fault question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today the Esky threw a right rear speed sensor fault. Is it common for these sensors to fail or is it related to possible bearing failure like the front wheel hubs tripping the abs? I don’t think the rear bearings are bad, no noises or anything just wouldn’t be surprised if they were. The trucks been stage 5 needy lately..

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bumped the plug to that right rear sensor and it threw a code. it's up above the frame rail hidden incase you've been doing some stuff up there.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bumped the plug to that right rear sensor and it threw a code. it's up above the frame rail hidden incase you've been doing some stuff up there.
Just replaced the air ride shocks a month ish ago. I drove the truck to work today everything was fine, when i fired it up to go home I got welcomes to a abs stabiltack light show

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is very common to bump the harness connection. So common, in fact, that Arnott includes a warning with their rear shocks telling you to double check that connection after installing the shocks.
I’ll double check it, I went with OEM shocks since arnott pulled the lifetime warranty. Thanks!

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried reconnecting the sensor and it was still throwing an open circuit code. Replaced the speed sensor and everything went back to normal for now. I tested the old one and it read 70-140 olms. I forgot to test the new sensor but I’m guessing it might have been okay if it were cleaned up with some isopropyl alcohol. Anyways thanks for the feedback really appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar