Heated seats not turning on when using remote start in the cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wshuey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tahoe with heated seats and remote start. I have the option set for the heated seats to turn on when starting the Tahoe with the remote when it is cold outside. The heated seats are not coming on when starting the Tahoe with the remote when it is cold outside (four degrees here in Detroit this morning). I can turn on the heated seats once I get inside the car and press the start button.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tahoe with heated seats and remote start. I have the option set for the heated seats to turn on when starting the Tahoe with the remote when it is cold outside. The heated seats are not coming on when starting the Tahoe with the remote when it is cold outside (four degrees here in Detroit this morning). I can turn on the heated seats once I get inside the car and press the start button.
Mine does heat, although you won’t see the indicator light while running on remote start. After I press the start button after entering the vehicle, I have to press the heated seat button again to continue to have heat.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see my heated seats lights light up when I remote start my truck. I don't typically let a lot of time pass between the remote start and my entering the truck, so I have not noticed the seat heating up. As stated above, once I start the truck, the heated seats lights go off, and I need to press the button to turn them on again.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine the seat and steering wheel come on with remote start, and if it’s cold stay on after I push the ignition switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019