How to remove this trim (Rear Seatbelt area - Driver side)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramchol76

Reaction score
Hi All - I am going to replace the rear driver side seatbelt. Please share any inputs and order on safely removing the trim shown in picture to reach the seat belt? Also, should I remove the bolt seen deep inside in the circled hole on the trim? couldn't find any YouTube video or post regarding this trim removal. thanks a lot.

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 10

me88

Reaction score
You need to remove the door sill trim plate and remove the screw in the circled hole. I don't remember if it stays in the hole or comes out, have a little magnet ready. The upper beige part and the lower black part are connected, they are removed as one big piece. The clips go straight, just gently pull towards you.

OP
OP
R

ramchol76

Reaction score
You need to remove the door sill trim plate and remove the screw in the circled hole. I don't remember if it stays in the hole or comes out, have a little magnet ready. The upper beige part and the lower black part are connected, they are removed as one big piece. The clips go straight, just gently pull towards you.
thanks!

Woodbooger88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which socket did you use? I have one 10mm that fell into the trim, and can't find a socket that fits the screw in the hole.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That area that the hex bolt goes into has a plastic sleeve that keeps the bolt from falling into the panel. However, when it gets tugged on, the plastic collar can break away that’s supposed to capture the hex bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts