How to remove the speaker grill for painting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Really happy I was able to cut open the door switch and clean that green funk out and get the dome light etc to work again on that passenger side. Def wasn’t paying $150 for a new oem switch, might have opted for junk yard, but free with some glue was much better! I’m sure the driver door will start doing it soon lol

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That looks really nice ^^!

Here is when I did mine as well. Not on the same level as Rocket Man, but still clean. I had not replaced the courtesy light yet in this pic. Note the LS did not have carpeted kick panels or Bose speakers either. I actually went ahead and taped off behind the speaker grilles and blacked it out so that you could not see the tweeter and mid range speakers in the door.
IMG_9547.jpg

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I need to shampoo my carpeted door panels lol. One of these I’ll replace rue speakers. I resoldered the driver side nose speaker like 7 years ago, and they still sound ok. Good enough for talk radio and the occasional jam with the small extra sub I put in the rear spot. That’s a good idea to black that out to make it the speakers blend better though

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to shampoo my carpeted door panels lol. One of these I’ll replace rue speakers. I resoldered the driver side nose speaker like 7 years ago, and they still sound ok. Good enough for talk radio and the occasional jam with the small extra sub I put in the rear spot. That’s a good idea to black that out to make it the speakers blend better though

:waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan