How to remove rear vent cap appliques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok. well is there only 1 screw or 2 cuz I still only found 1 at the top like Whiteout said.... where is this 2nd screw?

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nvm figured it out. only one screw at the top and it all pops off (much easier than I expected though) gettin them painted next weekend

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by my GMC dealership today that has their own body shop and asked about getting mine painted and he said it would not come out right because of the texture of the vent caps. So question to those that have them painted,
1.give me an unbiased opinion on how the paint job came out, especially with the grooves that are hard to reach.

2.Also did you scuff it up a little for the paint to be able to stick.

3. If i just decide to get the esky, do I just order the ones of the same year as my trk (06 Nali)?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
People that work at dealerships are just lazy *****.....

if a REAL paint shop can blend carbon fiber, plastic, metal, fiberglass and steel all into one vehicle...theres no issue with the vent caps...they are just too lazy to do it correctly...I've seen them painted and they look great...and yes, it will match your vehicle...dont take it to them...if they are going to ******** you the way they just did, they dont serve your business

The dealership also told me they dont know how to turn on my pins to install my E-Fans...eventhough they had the scanners and EFIlive and all that other ******** sitting on their computers...

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my guy does paint for concrete trucks all the time and he said the longest part will be prepping the paint gun and even when I bought the paint, the woman looked at the vent caps and said it would be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf