How to remove rear vent cap appliques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenaliSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! First time post on this forum, but I've read many threads in the past few weeks & decided to join in after buying an '05 Denali a few months ago & LOVE IT. Thanks for hosting the site for gear heads of the GMT800! Now...the street scene website shows you a good description & pic regarding the vent covers, which ive found a connect in town who will paint it right...cheap. THEY SHOULDVE PUT THESE ON THE DENALI TOO...

Regardless, there is a disclaimer in the image link which goes as follows...."Sold in pairs (1-Left and 1-Right). MADE FROM TOUGH FLEXIBLE URETHANE. **THESE DO NOT FIT THE DENALI MODELS**".

Ok, i guess my biggest question is to Fyrcaptain --> any issues w/ fitting, clips lining up, etc? Love the site...keep posting no matter how petty the issue!

thanks

Last edited:

surfnc25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well Saturday finally tackled the job of making my appliques look better on my Tahoe. I looked around on the internet and the cheapest I could find brand new ones was about $180.00 with shipping. I thought that was a lil high so I went to Carquest and bought a $9.00 can of Dupont exterior satin black paint and thought I would try myself. I have to say they came out AWESOME and probably look just like they would if I bought them brand new. The paint did not give it a glossy look but gave it more a look that matches the rest of the trim on the Tahoe like around the side mirrors and bumper. The paint did not run and I just put 2 coats on each applique before putting them back on. Now getting them off was pretty tough, the left one took about an hour and the right one took about 10 mins. I had to hit the applique on the side while my friend pulled a the top part which was loose (pain in the butt). Here are some pics of before and after, hard to tell from the pics but honestly they look BRAND NEW and 10x better than before so im happy. Also I just took the Tahoe through a high pressure carwash and the paint did not chip or anything so I think it will hold up good. I only used a small portion of the paint so I have a lot extra just in case I need to touch up down the road. Let me know if you have any questions.
Before
1.gif

After
2-1.gif

Paint
4.gif

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
im glad this worked for you, i have a paint place that is taking my gas door to colour match and im going to spray mine. did you use a plastic prep or anything or sand a bit so the paint would take?

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my escalade appliques at the junk yard for $25 a pair. easiest way to get them off is unscrew it at the top. pull with one hand from the bottom and push it out with the other hand. manhandle it, it wont break.

Last edited:

bigwhiteyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the factory black ones on my white 2005 Yukon. Looking for a pair of white ones. If anybody knows of a trade please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep