How to open this fuse box cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramchol76

Reaction score
Hi All

I am trying to open below steering wheel fuse cover to do some parasitic draw testing. is it just pull of the lid or I have to take out the circle in the middle. just do not want to break any.

thanks

fuse cover.jpg

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this, but you are right to ask in this forum as someone will know. As a general rule I never force anything. Especially if it's old and/or corroded. I was trying to get the intake manifold off my old Bronco II in order to change the heads (a common occurrence for the 289 V8 2.8L engine). There were 6 obvious bolts, but the tech data said there were seven. My friend grabs a huge steel pry bar and says, "All that it needs is a little gentle persuasion!" I stop him and call Freddy at Honolulu Ford. He directs me to a bolt that is hidden underneath one of the vents on the manifold. If I had let my friend attack it with the bar it would have ruined the manifold, at least, which would of added plenty more time & money to the job. next time I saw Freddy he showed me the factory manual diagram and it showed the seventh bolt clear as day. Chilton doesn't have all the answers is what I learned. Good luck!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I am trying to open below steering wheel fuse cover to do some parasitic draw testing. is it just pull of the lid or I have to take out the circle in the middle. just do not want to break any.

thanks

View attachment 263458
just stick your finger in that hole and yank straight back, that round part is the end of the plastic xmas tree retainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts