How to install DDM HID kit on low beams w/ relay harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
great write up, i just installed mine and did the exact same thing. I did not use a relay for the low beams and they work just fine. I also installed HIDs on the fog lights and it looks great

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great write up, i just installed mine and did the exact same thing. I did not use a relay for the low beams and they work just fine. I also installed HIDs on the fog lights and it looks great

What HIDs did you put in the fogs?

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to install a relay harness on the highs and fogs as well?

I haven't done those, but I would imagine so. Just like the low beams though, I've seen some people having success without using the harness and just plugging into the factory wiring.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used your guide and everything works great except one thing. When I unlock the car sometimes only one like comes on. What did I do wrong?

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used your guide and everything works great except one thing. When I unlock the car sometimes only one like comes on. What did I do wrong?

Typically this happens if you don't use the harness, but you may have a "special" set. You'll need to swap bulbs/ballasts from side to side to determine if you have a bad bulb or bad ballast. In other words:

take the ballast from the driver headlight and put it on the passenger side and the passenger side ballast on the driver side. If the driver side was the one that wasn't turning on, and now it's the passenger, then you have a bad ballast. If the driver side still doesn't turn on, you have a bad bulb.

Once you've done that, you can contact DDM. Their replacement policy kinda sucks, they want you to ship them the defective part, they'll test it, then send you a new one. Meanwhile, you don't have HIDs. Whenever I've had that problem I've either gone back to stock or just purchased another set of bulbs or another ballast since they're pretty cheap.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used the info about the fuse on my obs. Couldn't solder it worth the crap but I got new one in there. Thanks.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I have a DDM kit and last night had to drive home with my high beams on because the HIDs weren't working. Pulled out the 20a fuse in the relay and the plastic part is all melted. Should I replace it with a 30a fuse? I'm a little concerned that the plastic was melting, what would be causing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts