How to install DDM HID kit on low beams w/ relay harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used the relay harness from them, so I'm not sure which it was.

Got it! Thanks for the response.

I find things aren't clearly defined on this site. I'm used to working with requirements for work and plan on clearly defining things on here for future owners.

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
What is the best combination of fog light wattage with head light wattage and color to get the closest match. 25 watt fog 5000k with 35 watt 6000k low beam ?

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
What color low beam and fog did you go. I would like to try and get them to look as close as possible to the same color

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 6000k in both, but after installing it had wanted to go 5000k. The color temp will vary by vendor unfortunately, so the 6000k I had ended up being fairly blue instead of white with a blue hue.

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Have had mine for over a year and a bulb burnt out, so I contacted the company and they sent me a replacement. So I got to thinking, does it matter which side the grounding bar goes? I have them both pointed "in" towards each other right now. This will be on my Yukon

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Ivm had a ddm kit on my explorer. It was plug and play very simple. I see in this one you ran a power wire, ground and have a fuse. I just ordered my ddm kit for my 07 tahoe low beams. Whats the power, ground and fuse for?

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Ivm had a ddm kit on my explorer. It was plug and play very simple. I see in this one you ran a power wire, ground and have a fuse. I just ordered my ddm kit for my 07 tahoe low beams. Whats the power, ground and fuse for?

You "can" just plug and play, however you're more prone to having bulbs not fire on the first try and run the risk of pulling too much current through the factory wiring (burning it in two or worst case, starting a fire from the hot wire). The power/ground/fuse pull directly from the battery with a larger wire to handle the current.

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooh so the ballast will be pulling more current than the stock wires can handle. Is that the case with all vehicles or a tahoe problem? I had a ddm 35w 6000k in my exploder for a couple years with bo problems

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooh so the ballast will be pulling more current than the stock wires can handle. Is that the case with all vehicles or a tahoe problem? I had a ddm 35w 6000k in my exploder for a couple years with bo problems

It's just a possibility that it may not handle it. I think people have run it without and been fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons