How to fix Crusie control no working when installing LED's tail lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some 10ohm and installed according to the first post and still do not have cruise control. Any other ideas on what could be going on?
Are your brake lights working? If they are and you have the resistors connected between the ground (black) and positive brake light wire (blue) then I don't know what it could be but I have heard of people having problems with some of the cheap China-made Ebay LED taillights. Also make sure the wires are actually making a good connection to the resistors.

jzman421

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are your brake lights working? If they are and you have the resistors connected between the ground (black) and positive brake light wire (blue) then I don't know what it could be but I have heard of people having problems with some of the cheap China-made Ebay LED taillights. Also make sure the wires are actually making a good connection to the resistors.
Brake lights work. Everything seems to be making a good connection at the resistors. The tail lights are Spec D Tuning that I got off Amazon. I guess I could try and make the connections another way than the provided clips. If I buy a new set that has the built in resistors for the hyper flash will that also work for the cruise control.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the built-in resistors but I'd try soldering and taping the connections. But first, you should be able to tell if the resistors are working if you put something to hold the brake pedal down for a couple minutes and then check to see if they're both hot. They should get real hot, almost to the point of burning your hands when you touch them. That's why they need to be mounted away from the wiring. If one or both aren't hot, they're not connected right.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old post but with my 02 Yukon cruise works and kicks out when I press on brake with lights out front running lights on but if I turn lights on manually cruise turns off, I have resistors installed as described. Maybe I need to put resistor installed on driving taillight; I know it's same bulb (bulb socket plugs into led light assembly) but putting resistor on brake wire not working.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old post but with my 02 Yukon cruise works and kicks out when I press on brake with lights out front running lights on but if I turn lights on manually cruise turns off, I have resistors installed as described. Maybe I need to put resistor installed on driving taillight; I know it's same bulb (bulb socket plugs into led light assembly) but putting resistor on brake wire not working.
The marker light circuit has nothing to do with cruise. It’s probably the led bulb itself. Try a different set, or is the entire tail light assembly led?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The marker light circuit has nothing to do with cruise. It’s probably the led bulb itself. Try a different set, or is the entire tail light assembly led?
It is complete led tail light you plug sockets into light except for backup bulb. Also put led flasher in but never had hyper flash just put in to cover that end.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is complete led tail light you plug sockets into light except for backup bulb. Also put led flasher in but never had hyper flash just put in to cover that end.
Do you have the stock lights to swap back in to see if it’s the tail lights themselves? If it’s the lights, I’d return them and buy another brand. I’m running Spyder and have had no issues.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the stock lights to swap back in to see if it’s the tail lights themselves? If it’s the lights, I’d return them and buy another brand. I’m running Spyder and have had no issues.
Ok Thanks for suggestions.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that bad switch contacts or something inside the multifunction lever shorting out?
No, I don't think so because I can control cruise working or not by manually turning running lights on or off. with cruise on and lights off I can use turn signals then hit brake and turn cruise off but the minute you turn lights on manually cruise won't work at all. Thanks for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC