How long to replace front suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Kriss

Reaction score
I did basically the same job about a year ago on my 2001 Yukon XL. I didn't change the shocks but I replaced the bushings and links on the front sway bar and the inner tie rods. It took about 8 hours. That did include a short trip to O'Reily's to get a puller for the pitman arm. I ended up having to cut a grove in the pitman arm to weakened it enough to use the puller. Everything else was straight forward.

If you're doing that much, I'd go ahead and do the inner tie rods. They aren't expensive and you're right there anyway. It only takes a couple minutes to swap one out once the outer ones are off.

OP
OP
D

doubletap1911

Reaction score
*UPDATE* I'm sure I got lucky, but my guy said we'd talk $ afterward. He ended up only wanting $200! He did break a $20 tool in the process so I paid him the agreed $200 plus $50 to replace the tool. I don't know how long it took, but he was ready for me to pick it up within one working day.

diLucca

Reaction score
I did whole front end for two weekends. But I has still original 20years and 220 000 miles components, and also make some rust remove and painting on frame while it is apart.
If you wont have rusted knucle on LCA ball joint I would say cca 10 hours