How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
Built may 21

Bought June. Denali w ultimate. Teak interior

Year almost later 7k miles n kids in it. Looks like the day I got it minus scuffs on passenger floor near Denali emblem. I’ll blame the wife’s shoes

Live the ride. Not one issue. Knock on wood. I love it. Did great in winter and such a beast on the highway. Just eats miles n cruises. Only place I don’t live it is stop n go bumper to bumper. Maybe I should try adaptive cruise then.

Great car. Best looking suv on the road

Last edited:

newyukondriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 Yukon Denali with basically all upgrades except RSE and the air suspension thingy.
I love it.
It's comfy to be in for road trips, no problems at 4100 miles (Drove it 1500 miles each way on a road trip 4 days after purchase). I'm not a car person, I just got it to be able to transport dogs and kids, but it's the most comfy vehicle I've had w/ plenty of room and is easy to drive. I love the infotainment system; heads-up display; rear-view mirror camera; and all the parking cameras.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought AT4 Yukon with the premium plus package in Dec 2020 - currently has 41k miles on it...hopefully will be rid of it in the next couple weeks..below is everything it's been in the shop for...

- rear end control module replaced
- airbag light recall
- water trapped in sunroof (this took about 5 months to fix)
- radio screen went out...believe this was an update issue they had to push
- idler pulley went out
- SD card removed message randomly comes on (tried to diagnose this and even after replacing the SD card slot - message still comes on several times a week) - an no we aren't removing the card - ha
- blue tooth speaker(s) has a reverb to it when talking on the phone - its the audio coming in which is odd...to the point its relatively useless now...dealer said they'd have to take the dash off to truly diagnose (think its a cable or something?) - we decided we'd pass on that remedy as we are going to just get out from under it
- the motor on the right auto step went out (sounded like a goose/duck while driving).

Going back with a Z71 with only the luxury package and the second row buckets - $10k less and hopefully fewer issues

The rear media on the AT4 is actually one thing we'll miss as the 2021s had the mirroring option and that worked really well with a Galaxy phone

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought AT4 Yukon with the premium plus package in Dec 2020 - currently has 41k miles on it...hopefully will be rid of it in the next couple weeks..below is everything it's been in the shop for...

- rear end control module replaced
- airbag light recall
- water trapped in sunroof (this took about 5 months to fix)
- radio screen went out...believe this was an update issue they had to push
- idler pulley went out
- SD card removed message randomly comes on (tried to diagnose this and even after replacing the SD card slot - message still comes on several times a week) - an no we aren't removing the card - ha
- blue tooth speaker(s) has a reverb to it when talking on the phone - its the audio coming in which is odd...to the point its relatively useless now...dealer said they'd have to take the dash off to truly diagnose (think its a cable or something?) - we decided we'd pass on that remedy as we are going to just get out from under it
- the motor on the right auto step went out (sounded like a goose/duck while driving).

Going back with a Z71 with only the luxury package and the second row buckets - $10k less and hopefully fewer issues

The rear media on the AT4 is actually one thing we'll miss as the 2021s had the mirroring option and that worked really well with a Galaxy phone
Sounds about right. My 2021 SLT was built in June 2020 and was a lemon. Too many issues to list here. My replacement 21 Yukon AT4 was built June 2021 and has been much better. Not great, but good. I plan to drive it until the warranty expires and then I'm out. Don't want to risk it. ..

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 21 Tahoe premier in may of last year. I’ve put 21k on the clock so far. The only issue I’ve had other than a recall that required a reprogram was a squeal from the front rt tire. They adjusted some clip that’s designed to keep the brake clean. I hate to comment on my good fortune lest I jinx myself.
All in all I’ve had pretty good luck with Chevy tahoes and k5 blazers. Since the 80’s

Ive placed an order for two 22’ premier s but the dealership can’t get allocation since September of last year

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, this has been happening since at least 2018 when they refreshed the infotainment. My ‘18 Terrain Denali did it, my 2020 Sierra HD Denali had it, and my 2020 Acadia Denali still does it.

Thats one ‘perk’ of the ‘22 Yukon, there’s no SD card for navigation

drmoose

Reaction score
well, i got my 21 Sub in early Feb 21. In for service during the first year 60+ days, out for camera module for 28 days (multiple trips in), one side lifters replaced a few months later (2 weeks+), transmission head unit went bad in the fall, and they replaced other side of lifters then too due to misfiring.

That said, I love the "concept" and am getting a replacement Duramax (as opposed to a full buyback). Arlington just finished building it. t is a well thought out vehicle that is perfect for us. I really really hope the second one works out a lot better.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like my 21 RST Hoe. By far the best vehicle I’ve owned. Picked it up last June and have 10700 on the clock. No issues what so ever at this point. I read about the lifter issue soon after I picked her up and was concerned but at this stage if it happens it happens. I would definitely part ways and search for a DMAX but I’m really liking the 5.3 and how it purrs. I didnt get this to be the fastest off the line and the tranny and engine combo really work well. All negative comments about the 5.3 are opinions. I’ve had a 6.2 on a 5th gen and driven the 6th gen camaro and still not overly impressed. Cant say there is much i dont like on my RST, cant stop driving her every day even with this gas prices lol.

Now my brother just purchased a 22 RST Hoe 5.3 and his wife swears the 22 is better than the 21. I get its an opinion but she doesnt even want to drive it cause of gas lmao…Im good with the simplicity of the 21 dash and no google integration.

david1523

Reaction score
I had a 21 z71 tahoe and I loved it. I didn't have any problems with it and I drove it right around 5k miles in 7 months. I recently traded it in for a 22 duramax denali, and I love it even more. I am 2k miles in already and I have stopped for gas maybe 5 or 6 times. The only thing I dislike about it is the google integration, the 21 was way more CarPlay friendly. All the standard safety features, mrc, sliding console, make it a perfect family car for us and going the diesel route was a game changer.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the more evidence that vehicles built during the COVID pandemic are problematic. It's best to wait it out to 2023 or 2024.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65